Thursday, March 22, 2007

new muffins



Don't these look yummy? These are from a cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas. I am just now reading these books (yes, it's three months later). This is from a Paula Deen book, the Celebrations! book. They are called Pecan Pie Muffins.




The recipe only makes eight muffins though, so I'll be lucky if there's any left over by the time my dh gets home tonight.

They are quite yummy! I'm not a huge pecan pie lover (at all) but these aren't quite as rich as a pecan pie (which is overwhelmingly rich for me) so it's a nice mix. My kids dug 'em - especially Isaac!




We are kind of in a waiting time right now, trying to use up what we have in the house in regards to ingredients, until we are able to get to the store again. Just waiting on some money, of course. So here I am, looking through recipes and cookbooks going, "ok, I have ONE egg - what can I bake?". I think I'm going to have to scrounge up some change and get some milk, butter and eggs to make it through the next two weeks....ahhhh....the challenges and joys of life. It can be fun if I just remember to keep my focus where it ought to be - on what the LORD has given us and how much He loves us!!

Ok, well, luckily we have PLENTY of leftovers for tonight's dinner - I think I'll go do some more baking this afternoon.

The schedules/charts with the little ones are going great! Oh, I've got more to talk about but it'll have to wait.

~Enjoying my babies and the rain~
*Michigan Momma*

No comments: