Saturday, January 27, 2007

winterleaves

I love this sound.

I know, I know, you can't *hear* it - but think about it. The sound of winter leaves rustling in the wind, just trying to hold on to their branches.

I heard this sound about, oh say, a month ago in Colorado. It was a wonderful sound. Where we lived, we didn't get much winter. Even in the middle of winter, if the sun came out, you could take a walk in a fleece sweatshirt. I really missed my Michigan winters.

Then I looked out my kitchen window (which was OPEN - yes, in winter) and heard this great sound. Just a few brown leaves were trying to hold onto the neighbor's small tree. I stepped out on our back patio and just listened to that sound for a few minutes. It sounded so lonely. I guess perhaps I was feeling a bit lonely as well. I just know it sounded good. It sounded right. I wanted my Michigan back...

And now we're here!

That's just one really small part of being glad that we're here in Michigan. Perhaps I'll share more later. I can only share so much of my personal idiosyncracies with y'all without you thinking I'm completely nuts, right?!

Wonderful Winter to you all~
*Michigan Momma*

No comments: