Saturday, March 17, 2007

My mom's Spaghetti Pie

Oooo, this was really yummy - but silly me, I forgot to take a pic. Duh.

Here's the recipe (and how I altered it):

7oz. spaghetti, cooked
1/3 c. parmesan cheese
2 Tbl. butter, melted
2 eggs, well beaten

take all that, mix it together and press it into an 8X8 pan, well greased.

Top with some cottage cheese (I used ricotta - it's what I had in the house).

Mix up the sauce and simmer for a while:

*1 lb. ground beef, browned
*1 1/2 c. onion, chopped (I just threw in some frozen chopped onion)
*1/4 gr. pepper (I used 1 red pepper - it's what I had and I like it better)
*1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
*1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
*1 tsp. oregano
*1 tsp. sugar
*1/2 tsp. garlic salt (I used garlic powder - and probably a bit more than that)

Spoon sauce over cottage cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20. Top with some grated motz. Bake for 5 more minutes.

Serve with a nice salad and some homemade bread - yummy!

*Oh, I doubled the recipe, assembled it (minus the grated motz.) and froze it for another time. I love doing that.



I did really good and only had a small portion with just one roll. I ate a small salad as well. I really enjoy cooking and baking for my family, but obviously, for someone who struggles with her weight, this can be problematic. When I was doing a liquid diet, I was able to bake like crazy and I really wasn't that tempted. But when I am nursing, when I *have* to eat real food, it's a bit harder. You tell yourself, 'oh, just ONE cookie' or 'just one roll' or 'just one slice of banana bread', etc. Next thing ya know, well, ya know...

Speaking of banana bread - that was my baking for today. I just finished my banana bread recipe "Best Banana Bread EVER" - which it is, btw. We'll let it sit tonight and the flavor will be great for breakfast before church tomorrow.

I also did laundry - load, after load, after load, after load. Such is what happens when I slack off during the week. I think I'm just finishing up my last load for today. Thank the Lord!!

We also did our official weigh-in today. *sigh* very sad. When I think of how much I had lost BEFORE becoming preggo this last time - well, very sad. But again, I KNOW I can do it now and I'm quite determined. Plus, I have to beat dh!! We haven't decided upon our rewards yet. I'll let ya know when we decide.

One last bit of news, I think I have....hmmm.....what is it called when you have yeast around your nipple when nursing?? Well, whatever, I think I have it. I've been expressing breastmilk and trying to let it air dry - but my goodness, I realized how little time I have in my day. It takes *FOREVER* let it air dry. I don't have time to PEE let alone sit around doing nothing while my boob dries. great. If it doesn't clear up soon, or if it gets worse, or if it starts to hurt to nurse, I'll call my family doc - hopefully his nurse will give me a prescription without having to come in. I mean, come on, this is my fourth baby - I know what this whole yeast thing looks like - even if I can't think of the medical terminology.

Ok, timer going off. My back is on fire!! I need to also get some info on chiropractors in the area....

~Time for bed~
*Michigan Momma*

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Has this cleared up yet? If you're wanting to avoid a prescription, genetian violet is supposed to clear up thrush. It gets purple everywhere, though. You can get it at health food stores.

Unknown said...

Genetian violet - I have heard of this before, now that you mention it, although I've never tried it.

It hasn't really cleared up - I thought it was getting better these last two days and then today again it seems painful again.

I'll give it another day or so...
Thanks so much~
Lori