Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Homemaking - a vital role??

Not according to The Rev. Benjamin Cole, pastor of Parkview Baptist Church in Arlington, Texas. I must admit that in reading the following article, the first words out of mouth, after reading the quote from his blog, was, "Idiot".

Courses in Homemaking

If students are ASKING for such a course, such a major, than obviously there is a need. Many, dare I say *most*, young ladies are not learning these types of skills growing up in their own homes. When they do get married and start having kids, the stress can get REALLY tough, seeing as they were never taught how to run a household, how to raise children, how to be a godly wife. Hello??!! Try stepping into any other job with zero training or experience!! Ya, talk about stress!

Apparently though, the "good Reverend" (and others, I know), don't believe that being a wife and mother falls into the "vital ministry" catergory for women anymore - why waste their time with *that* junk, right?! They need to "get out there" and "do something productive for the Kingdom", right??!!

Idiot.
*Michigan Momma*

p.s. Not exactly the polite, kind, pastor's-wife kind of post, eh? Oh well, sometimes I just get annoyed. I know, I know....I should be praying for this idio....I mean, this lost gentleman. I know, I know.

*edited to add: not "lost" as in his salvation - I wouldn't dare to judge that. I guess I just meant "confused gentleman". Just so we're clear here~MM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty...pastors wives are people too!!
Great article. I've recently had this discussion on how I wished that I would have had those courses at my Bible College and how important they are!!
I'll pray for the idiot too!!

Julie said...

Yes! Im so glad you brought up the fact that many young girls are entering wife and motherhood with no skills or experience. *Raising hand and jumping around*
How can you do a job you have never been taught to do?
It is hard and stressful and discouraging. Im trying to talk hubby into being a preacher so we can go to the Bible college and I can take these courses. LOL

Tess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tess said...

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably an idiot,...uh, duck!

Love,
Mom

ps. I deleted my first comment because I misspelled a word, and I don't like that! (I'm silly)