Monday, November 26, 2007

A plan gone awry ~

It's just part of being a momma.

I had a plan. During quiet time (which Ihad planned very well, making sure all FOUR of my babies would be resting at the same time), I would pull out all the storage bins in our closet/storage area - put away all the clothes given to us for our children in larger sizes, put away the fall/Thanksgiving decorations, pull out the winter/Christmas decorations, and pull out the winter-wear box with gloves, hats. coats, boots, etc.

Instead, I spent the majority of my time with my daughter, convincing her that she has poop in her bottom that NEEDS to come out. Yes, my daughter is constipated and here I am, in all my Momma-glory, doing my job of helping the poop to come out. I'm thinking about what foods to have her eat, what exercises and/or massages will get things *moving* down there, how often to have her sit on the potty and how emphatically I should press her to "push".

Nobody tells you about THESE things when you talk about being a momma!

Also, my youngest has started eating LOTS of solids. He *loves* his food. He is still nursing, about 3 times a day, especially in the morning and right before bed. He also is constipated. *sigh* Then my other son waits until the poop is literally coming out before running to the bathroom, while my other daughter has NO PROBLEM with her poop. Regular and gross every day....

Gross.


And people wonder why I don't want a dog....Hmmmmm??? Go figure?

~still lovin' my poopy-babies~
*Michigan Momma*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one day recently I literally spent 30 minutes dealing with poop. I have two children still in diapers, but my 4 year old was having some problems that day for some reason, so I dealt with her on the toilet and then changed two dirty diapers and then had to change another because obviously the baby wasn't done yet! I agree with about the dog. Who needs it??

Blended in Texas said...

UGH...been there done that. Not fun...I'm so sympathizing with you on this one. Hope all starts 'moving'...

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I laughed. = ) ~Cassandra

Anonymous said...

Lori, I so appreciate your willingness to put it all out in the open!!!

and having said that; I hope it all gets out in the open!!!!!! ;)

gentlebreeze said...

Yup mothering is a 24/7 job isn't it?