Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Necessary Changes

It's the first day of school - YIPPEE!!

Yet with our first day of school comes the realization that we have A LOT of behavior issues to tackle as well.  (I guess that comes from the lax summer months.  I'm thinking we'll school more through the summer months next year and have more of a daily schedule - we'll relax a bit, yet keep up with *some* things so we don't have to go through this dramatic change next time)

We have a new behavior chart, some new chores to learn (w/ a new house come new chores), a new schedule to tackle and adjust as needed.  So even though I feel overwhelmed right now, I honestly believe it's all gonna settle down here in a week or two.  Once the kids get a handle on it, once they know what to expect, I'm guessing we'll be able to get more accomplished.

Oh, ya....and if I wake up on time.  Darn.


I did sleep in - partly because Talitha was coughing like crazy last night and once she came downstairs, I was just more comfortable with her there - just in case.  As in, just in case she throws up, just in case she's scared, just in case she STOPS BREATHING.  Now, realistically, I know that's not going to happen - but still....when you hear your baby coughing, it's hard not to let your mind go there.

Baby Micah also has been waking up before 6am to nurse.  Um, I don't *DO* 6am - and I certainly don't do anything BEFORE 6am.  So that didn't help.


Hey, I'll share more later about our new fall schedule, the new chores, how our curriculum is working out, yada, yada, yada....

For now, I pray you had a GREAT first day of school (if you're here in MI)!  Now off to have another cup of coffee and plan out my week's meals (I didn't get that done this weekend....oops) - looks like it'll be something extra easy tonight~



p.s.  HEY!!  I asked you to rate some of my posts (yet be nice) and the first thing I get it a 1-star and a 2-star rating.  ouch.  I guess I asked for it, but still....this could lead to some serious blogging-confidence issues, ya know?!?  Oh well, perhaps I was pretty boring this week....we'll see what I can do, but hey - this really is my life, boring stuff & all~

2 comments:

Mary said...

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes with the star feature, it is easy to accidentally hit the 1 or 2 stars, because if your (my) computer is slow to respond, I may have the pointer on the 5 star, but only the 1 or 2 star is lit up. Do you know what I mean?

I love your blog, I always find inspiration here, even though my youngest is almost 14. (When did that happen???)

Mary with the un-updated blog

Unknown said...

Mary, you're so sweet!

I was just being too sensitive about the star thingy.....there will be people who don't like my blog, or what I write about or my opinion - and that's okay.

But thanks for telling me about the stars and slow computers. When I'm feeling sad & neglected, I'll comfort myself with this knowledge - ha!!

And hey, update your blog so we know what's going on with you, girl!!!
~Lori