Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Changing how we eat....

My husband has been talking to a great friend from our church about how to implement some real changes to the way we eat.  How to be intentional about eating healthy.  Here is a part of his most recent letter:

It is hard. It is totally opposite as to your lifestyle. It is simple. You will be very disappointed as to how much food you will NOT consume. 


Seriously - this is true.  At least, I'm finding it to be true, as I am just beginning to make these changes.  Compared to how much I *was* eating each day - I eat hardly ANYTHING (or so it seems).  Yet I am satisfied - not hungry.  I was just eating way too much.



....very disappointed.....yes, I am.  Or rather, was.  I'm working on it.....



p.s.  if you are this friend's wife, I hope it was okay that I posted this anonymously.  It just really struck me - actually the whole email did.  Thanks so much~

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Changes like that are never easy and are something you definitely just have to push through and it does get easier, I promise. Brian and I had a really hard time at first, but now I can't even believe how much I was eating before and literally feel sick if I try to eat even close to what I used to. So, hang in there, you'll be so glad you did. I'm rootin' for ya, Lori!

LLJ said...

Im rootin for you too, Lori!
Leanne

Jeni said...

I'm rootin too...."with a little bit of faith you can do it!" lol