Wednesday, January 31, 2007

a HOT cup of coffee?

LoriB 022

You know how "wise" women are always telling us younger moms that this is simply a "season" with all these littles running around? How we may never feel like we have a minute to ourselves but to remember that "this too shall pass"?

Well, first of all, I'm not sure I qualify as a "younger" mom anymore (I just turned 32) but I do still have a bunch of littles running around (soon to be 4, 5 and under). While I think that sometimes we tend to be a society of the "whoa is me" attitude (which I despise), there is also some truth to these statements.

For example, I'm not sure of the last time I actually drank HOT coffee. My norm recently is to drink it semi-lukewarm in an attempt to not have to drink it down right cold. I have every intention of drinking that piping hot cup of coffee right away - but life happens. And my life right now is 3 (almost 4) babies who need their momma.

So while, yes, I need to remember that there WILL come a day when I will be able to drink a nice hot cup of coffee - for right now, I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm not going to sit around dreaming of the day when I have enough time for ME. When that day finally arrives, I bet you a million bucks I'll be missing my "little babies" and wondering where the time went.

Plus, how could my little man enjoy a sip of PIPING HOT coffee with his momma? Nope, right now, it's much better for it to be a little cold.

~Enjoying the chaos~

*Michigan Momma*

No comments: