Monday, April 16, 2007

eating raw...help?!

Okay, so I've been doing fairly well on the eating 60% raw. I've been doing it since Friday. I have lost some more weight (yeah!) but man, this is hard.

I NEED GOOD RECIPES!!

Or just ideas. How do you combine your veggies to make them taste good? What seasonings do you add? What are some simple salad ideas?

Eating carrot sticks and celery stalks will get REAL old, REAL fast.

Someone told me when they were doing lots of veggies and fruits, they ate a wrap like everyday for lunch. She gave me a few ideas for wraps (with maybe whole wheat tortillas or flatbread or pitas) - but feel free to share with me what you like in YOUR wraps. I don't mind adding in *some* things other than veggies, but the idea really is to get in as many veggies as possible.

I made up a Carrot & Raisin Salad today. It also has yogurt, honey, crushed pineapple and cinnamon in it (oh, and a bit of nuts). It was...umm...okay. I know, I KNOW...I will need to retrain my taste buds. I'm just not used to all this....well, all the veggies. I'm looking forward to the night this week that I have my asparagus with dinner. It just sounds good. Hey, I think I'll also have some for lunch tomorrow - why wait?? Just tender-crisp with some salt. Yum! (Wow, a veggie I'm actually looking forward to!)

So PLEASE leave me some veggies ideas. What are some yummy salad ideas? HELP ME!!!

Thanks~
*Michigan Momma*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck doing this. It is hard. I went for two weeks eating only fruits and veggies, and I've never been so hungry in my life... lol. If you incorporate a little bit of meat, you can do taco salads. I love those. I can live an entire week off of those. You are pretty much getting all vegetables with that. With a little taco meat and cheese. And, I cheat a little and crumble some tortilla chips on top. = ) I made alot of guacomole with seasonings, tomatoes, and dipped carrot sticks into it for a meal sometimes. That was really good. I drank alot of shakes- 100% apple juice with yogurt, bananas, frozen strawberries, peaches, and ice. That is really, really good. And filling. Apples with peanut butter is more filling then apples alone. The thing with eating alot of veggies and fruit is that you get hungry often! You do feel alot better, though.... But it is tough. I eat alot of fruits, but not 60-70%. All the more power to you!
~Cassandra
It's a Wonderful Life