Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Men



Here are my men, being men. They are cleaning daddy's gun. Isaac is no longer actually sleeping or even laying down for quiet time (unless he is reading on the couch). So when Daddy is home, many times Isaac will have an opportunity to spend some time with him - just the two of them. How wonderful!!

Safety first, right? Gotta love those safety glasses!!
*Michigan Momma*

p.s. this is in preparation of our "shootin' session" tomorrow. We found some great friends at our new church, and we are having a Father's Day celebration, complete with grillin' and shootin'!! Yee-haw!! ~MM

4 comments:

Tess said...

Mema says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... not my baby boy and a firearm! Are you sure about this?

WORRIED,
MEMA

Tess said...

Just so you know, I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT!

Kenni B said...

Isaac's grin is just priceless! As is Memaw's reaction.

Kenni

Unknown said...

Let me tell you, Isaac *loves* spending more time with his daddy - he feels like such a "big boy" and not a baby who needs a nap.

Isaac did no shooting yesterday, just held daddy's ammo and watched. We all wore protective ear plugs and were very careful. I learned (re-learned) how to shoot the gun we own, since we believe I should know how to use it if the need were to arise. I just need to shoot it every once in a while to remind myself.

The worst thing that happened was we all realized what a terrible shot I am! They kept asking, "Lori, which target are you aiming for?" and I would reply, "whichever one I hit!". Sad...

Elijah neither woke up when we put the earplugs in his ears nor when we were actually shooting. Just slept through it all - amazing!!

Fun times~
Lori