Monday, July 2, 2007

just a quickie...

Let's see...we are leaving soon for a trip to see my folks and then a grad party on Dean's side of the family. Before then, I have a mountain of laundry to do, some basic housecleaning, a skirt or two to whip up (thanks Kim for the fabric!) - at least one of which will be THIS pattern. Except shorter, maybe just below the knee. It's just more flattering on me than below my calf.

Our garage sale went well. We didn't make a large amount of money, but that wasn't really the goal. We got a $75 tank of gas, dh picked up some used clubs (the staff goes golfing here and there and now he can join them), we went out to Olive Garden as a family and still have some in the bank for the trip. Yippee!! Now I just need to pack up the leftovers and find a drop-off place for Goodwill or Salvation Army around here.

The "diet" is going well, although I'm about 5 lbs behind my "mini-goals" for the summer. I'm trying not to stress about it though....as long as the numbers keep going down, I refuse to be depressed. I'm just pleased as punch that...

WAIT

Guys, go away.

Seriously, you don't want to read this.



No, seriously, go away...



Any men left? Okay, don't say you weren't warned...


I'm just pleased as punch that I had to return TWO of my three recently purchased bras because they were TOO BIG! Whoo-hoo!! I don't think I've EVER had a bra be too big - how exciting?!! Now for all you small-chested women - I'm sure you don't understand. But for the rest of us well-endowed women, you know exactly what I'm talking about and how great this feels. I'm due to get the new, smaller bras any day now. Again, WHOO-HOO!!

Well, nothing else is new around here. No new house to rent yet, although we are still looking. Dean is busy with summer seminary classes - two classes to keep him on track for graduating next spring. He is *so* ready to be done. He is basically just tired of having no time for his family, no time for anything fun, etc. I must admit, I too am ready for him to be done.

Ok, time to go do the laundry (as usual) and start packing for our trip. We are working on LOVE this week with the kiddos (actually, all month as part of our kid's summer programs at church) and we just started a "Love Chain" (I'll post pics later). I'm reading The Invisible Woman (forgot the author just now) which really helps me with my own attitude and heart. I'll talk more on that later too. God bless!

Luv to all~
*Michigan Momma*

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Way to go Lori! Those milestones are so exciting. You're doing so well.

Julie said...

Awesome about the B-R-A-S. Thats a great feeling. Sounds like your garage sale did pretty well. Hubby is due to graduate from UOP online next spring and I know he is ready also. He complains about not having enough time to get everything done. He has struggled through his last two classes due to lack of enthusiasm. We just have to keep praying for them. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, this has nothing to do with your latest post but with you WeeMee site. I was also wondering how to add "family members" to the site...I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Miss you lots! I love your sence of humor (reguarding the bras, never been there but...funny!) Have a great trip and know that we still are thinking of you here is Colorado. I miss you especially at park patrol. Beth M.