Thursday, November 8, 2007

Could it be??

Is it possible??

I was cleaning with my babies today (they are learning how to dust, wipe down the bathroom sink, etc.). As I was dusting, I thought *very* briefly of re-doing their work once they went down for quiet time today. Then I thought, no way! I'm a busy momma. I've got lots to do. So what if the dusting isn't perfect? Really, who cares?



There is a friend of mine, an amazing momma, who's house is cluttered. Let's face the facts, it's messy. Not dirty, per se, but messy. Yet she is an amazing wife & mother, homeschooler, terrific friend, etc.etc.etc....


I don't give one whit about her house. I don't necessarily want my home to be that messy (both dh and I get overwhelmed with clutter after a time), but while I'm visiting, I'm more interested in conversation and laughter with her. I'm thinking about how amazing her children are as they play with and watch over my little ones.


So could it be? Is age and time calming me down?? Now, don't get all crazy on me - of course, I still like a neat house. I still want our home warm, comfortable and welcoming. I like the floors vacuumed, and especially the bathrooms wiped down. I want to teach my children how to clean their home and teach my daughters how to run a home someday of their own.


But maybe I can do all of that with a little less neuroticism. I could relax just a bit. I could actually smile at the end of my day, instead of thinking about everything that I *didn't* get done.


Because let's face it, when you are a wife and momma, nothing is ever really *done*. Not really.

God bless you my friends~

*Michigan Momma*

5 comments:

Tess said...

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just relax and feel better. You'll find the relaxation point that is right for you.
I always think you are too hard on yourself.

Love, Mom

Kenni B said...

Sometimes too clean isn't welcoming. Sometimes it makes you feel like you can't touch anything. I've never felt that way in your home, but HAVE been in homes where I felt that way.

Anneatheart said...

LOL Lori!!! Ok, you need to go to my label 'Nourshing Traditions' on my blog- i have more info about the scoby there. Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast = scoby. That mushroom thing goes in a very sweet batch of tea and sits for week- it converts the sugar and caffeine into lauric acid, something very necessary for us, and becomes a probiotic drink. I can dig up some more info for ya if you want.

gentlebreeze said...

I agree with your "housework philosophy:) I too have relaxed and am happier for it!!

Anonymous said...

If you go back and re-do what they have done, eventually they may feel like they can never do it "right" so why bother. I think it's great that you decided that it's better than nothing and you had other things you could be doing. To quote one of my favorite ladies, "Housework done imperfectly still blesses my family." (FlyLady) Have blessed day and enjoy your family!