Friday, June 25, 2010

Let 'em be girls!

~Sisters~


Let them dress up, have fun, be little girls
(here, it happens to be the "Babushka Sisters")


The world is closing in, pressuring them to grow up, telling them what it means to be a girl, a woman.


Yet for now, while they are children, I'm gonna let them be sweet girly-girls.


Yes, play with dolls, wear pretty dresses, do up their hair, giggle & scream.


I'm gonna cuddle them and love on them!


I'm gonna have fun with them and laugh with them.



They will be loved & cherished by their father!


So they won't need to look elsewhere for acceptance & love.


I'm gonna do my best to show them what GOD says about becoming a girl, a woman, of God.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen sister!! I so want them to stay oblivious to the pressure that society puts on our sweet little girls to become sexual beings at such a young age!! This has been on my mind lately and thanks for sharing :)
Shelley

Michiganmommyx4 said...

Loved this Lori! ♥

Sona said...

Lori, thank you...this was so sweet. I even almost cried.

LLJ said...

Amen!!!! : )