Sunday, September 4, 2011

Late Night News

It's been one of those Saturdays.

One of those days where you just kinda did a little of this, a little of that, nothing crazy or exciting.  Next thing you know, the day is almost over and you can't really account for anything you did.

Yup, it's one of those Saturdays.

We *did* have a tornado touch down RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD this afternoon.  My kids were swimming in the pond not 5 minutes prior.  (I'm not sure what I was doing...see above)  I heard some yelling, ran to the door and they yelled, "Hey, is it gonna storm?  'Cause we see lightning and hear thunder."

Get in the house.  Duh.

And then, WHAM-OH!  And this cool lil' site told me right where that lil' booger set down:

http://www.twistertracker.com (you gotta register, but it's free and literally takes 20 seconds.  If that.)

It's my new favorite site.  'Cause I'm neurotic about storms.
Oh wait, you already knew that about me, huh?
;)

In other news:

*I made stromboli and brownies from scratch today.
Both were fabulous!
Both were time-consuming.
Both will end up on my thighs. (and I'm so *trying* to watch my portion sizes...ugh)

*I posted a new item at my Etsy Shop ~ Rosey Bonnet & Booties (0-3mo.)
They are sweet & adorable!
I had a friends share with me how much crocheted items are selling at boutiques & even farmers' markets.
I was shocked.  (my set is a steal!)

*I'm working on a new item ~ a lil' boy sweater vest!
It's so "Lil Man" fabulous!
It's taking me FOR-E-VER.
It's blue & simply perfect (as perfect as sweater-vest can possibly be)

*I will be attending church for the first time in a LONG time tomorrow morning.
I mean, I've been to teachings, classes, studies, fellowships, you name it...but not an actual church service.
It's a family-integrated church.
I need to do laundry.

And here's some random facts that I should probably spend some time blogging about.
This blog is supposed to serve the function of memoir, journal, photo album, etc.
I better get on the blog...um, I mean ball.

Best deal for Wednesday night pizza - half-price off of delicious wonderfulness! 

Our week-long....um, four day camping trip ~ It really was fun!

The slip-n-slide is still getting lots of use ~ Elijah is rockin' it, obviously!

My kids have been, well, terrific!  No seriously....;)

Isaac actually let himself be completely covered in sand - I was shocked!

Then Lil' Man Micah joined in the fun - for a few seconds, anyway - 'cause he's "Big now, Momma, Me Big!!"

I can see myself in Selah.  I can HEAR myself in her.
When we sing together, I can't tell which voice is mine and which is hers.
Which either means we have the same tonality of voice or.....
I sing like an 8 year old.
Let's go with tonality, okay.
Time to get some sleep.
Ok.
Not really.
You didn't believe me anyway, did you?!

I think I'll go crochet.
And desperately try to ignore the football that's been on my tv all day long.
Luv ya babe!



‘Cause I’m the Momma,

~Lori

No comments: