Thursday, September 29, 2011

Keepin' my tooties warm!

I've been looking for a good pattern for crocheted slippers....that didn't make me look like an ol' grannie!
(I like grannies.  I want to be one someday.  Yet that day is not today.)

So I found one!


I made a ga-gillion mistakes with this one, although I don't necessarily blame the pattern.  I was trying to crochet during the day, when I have five small children running around the house, who need my attention.  More attention than crochet a new pattern allows.

Let's just say I've crocheted these two slippers about five time now, give or take half a slipper.  Ugh.




Yet they *are* very cute!

I'm going to have to tweak the pattern a bit if I want them to be super-comfortable.  Right now they are cute, yet they slip off my feet quite a bit.  Not when walking though, it's usually when I'm sitting curled up on the couch.  Too small?  Too big?  Too long?  Too wide?  I might have to decrease around the ankle a bit more....I need a more snug fit.

It really is a tweak-as-you-go pattern, designed to be individually crocheted to your specific foot.  This makes it kinda hard to crochet them for my etsy site.  I'm going to try one more pair for my own feet and see if I can't get a better "one size fits most" type of pattern out of it.


In the mean time, I am enjoying how cute my feet look when I go to our lower level to visit my folks!  Until we can get a fireplace installed in our living room, I think I'm gonna need these slippers for our cold, Michigan winter.

Which is coming all too fast ~ slow down, Time, I'm can't catch up!!



‘Cause I’m the Momma,

~Lori

No comments: