Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pink, Purple & Patience

My daughter wanted to learn how to crochet when she was 6 years old.  I really wasn't all that interested in teaching a 6yo how to crochet.  It takes time.  Time is a precious commodity around here.  And I wasn't all that sure I would be able to successfully teach her this skill at such a young age.

I was wrong.

Selah has picked up crocheting *fabulously*!  She really enjoys it ~ AND she's good at it!

Most of the items Selah has made have been scarves.  She gives them away.  Yet this last item was a shawl/capelet type of thing.  Adorable.  The only thing I helped her with was deciding where to put some ties so it would stay on her shoulders better.  When she was completely finished, I asked her where she was going to wear her new shawl.

She told me, "I'm gonna put it in your crochet shop, Momma.  I wanna sell it to another girl like me!"

Excellent~

So here's Selah's first item for sale in my etsy shop.  She did a great job and I'm super-duper proud of her ~ way to go, Selah!!  (click on any of the captions to check out her etsy listing)

she wanted to model it as well~

looks like your average shawl in the back

but it's got these cute lil' ties in the front ~ adorable!

Now, I've got to teach *patience* to my next daughter, Talitha, who is now 6 years old and learning to crochet.  She doesn't quite understand why I won't LET her make the same things as Selah??  Never-no-mind she does not posses the ability yet.....*sigh*......God is working on patience with ME!

I think I've a L O N G  road ahead of me....;)


‘Cause I’m the Momma,

~Lori

No comments: