Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Searching for simple...

As I was searching through photos tonight ~ looking for a new banner pic ~ I came across many pictures of our past homes.  Some were small, some were dated, ALL were cramped...yet there was beauty in the pictures.







And it got me thinking.

What is it about these pictures that I love so much?  Is it just the memories of the different homes, the times we spent in each one, how I longed to make the spaces beautiful for my family...is that was I was loving?



I do not feel this way about my home currently.  Why is that?!  I love my home!  The space is great, the land is fabulous, the family inside is precious ~ yet I'm not finding the beauty in the details.  I can't figure out how to keep it clean & organized while adding personal touches which make it warm & homey.  (Heck, I can't figure out how to just keep it clean!)

I'm wondering if I am in a specific "season", one with 5 (going on 6) small children - while homeschooling - that leaves me lacking the motivation to do the *extras* with my home.  Like I said, I find I can hardly keep it clean, let alone add in the touches which make this house our HOME.  



Yet I'm not looking for excuses, I'm looking for solutions.  A change in my focus which will add the beauty back into our home, our lives.


Thus, Simply Momma....
It's still me, but less complicated!


It's a focus shift, a priority change.  Getting rid of the clutter of life and narrowing our focus on what is beautiful, important & eternal.  What can I get rid of?  What is dragging me down?  Not getting so distracted & worn-down with the day-to-day activities that we forget what we're doing here!

Simple.  Straight-forward.
Family.  Home.  Love.  Beauty.  Laughter.

(and maybe a can of paint or two to start fresh in some rooms :)


*I hope some of that made sense.  I just want a simpler life - Filled to the brim with what God has for me, and nothing else I (or the world) tries to shove in there!!

Any other Mommas out there craving a simpler life?  How do you make it happen in your home??  Please, share with us what is working for you!

Simply,
Lori

No comments: